Gazi Husrev-bey's hamam is located on the Mula Mustafa Bašeskija street, and is the last preserved public bath in this region. It was built after 1537. It has not been used as a bath since 1914.
During the 1992-1995 agression it was severely damaged, and was consigned to the Bosniak Institute for public use with the obligation for thorough reconstruction.
It was sold to the Waqf in 1869, when its owner left Bosnia and Herzegovina. At the end of the Ottoman rule Waqf's assets were used to build the Waqf Hospital on the Halilbašić street. This hospital was declared a cultural monument in 1972, as the first such facility in the region.